Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless? You can turn to Operation Big Serve for help. We serve all people in need: homeless, transitional veterans, families and low-income.
Guests are welcome to drop in to have a bite to eat, take a nap and participate in our programs. Our Past to Promise Community Center is located at: Update coming shortly we are moving our center in Mesa.
Monday – Saturday: 7 am – 4pm
Sunday: 8 am – 2 pm
At the Community Center, you can:
- Have breakfast and lunch
- Take a nap
- Charge your phone
- Ask for clothing and hygiene items
- Watch TV
Operation Big Serve offers on-going programs and classes that are designed to provide support, guidance and new skills:
- Fresh Start Program – designed for veterans that are transitioning from homelessness into housing and are in need of household items and furnishings.
- Medical Equipment – this program provides used medical equipment to veterans who are unable to acquire them through their insurance. Items are provided at low or no cost to veterans. Proof of service is required.
- Past to Promise Fellowship – offered to guests who wish to fellowship with other Christians and share a meal after services on Sunday at 10:30 am and Wednesday at 6 pm.
- Celebrate Recovery – a Christ – centered recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. Open to the community, meetings are held at the Community Center on Sunday at 2 pm.
- Job Training – geared toward guests who seek to develop job skills that can help open doors to future employment. Guests can volunteer to work in our Veterans With Purpose Boutique, Community Center and Cafeteria.
- Mentoring—designed to pair a guest with a volunteer for one-on-one support, goal-setting, coaching, and regular check-ins.
- Classes – offered to guests to help enhance skills in all areas of their life. Please speak to staff to enroll in a class
JOIN OUR E-NEWS